Popular Tours:

Tibbet Pilgrimage Tour


Places of worship of the Tibetan Buddhism as well as of the indigenous Bon religion abound in the Tibet Autonomous Reglon. They are distinctive in srchitecturalstyle, and have had a great influence on the region since ancient times.

However, most of the old buildings remained till present in Tibet are monasteries of Tibetan Buddhism that were constructed with regard to their geographical surroundings,usually at the feet of mountains.Generally speaking, a monastery complex is composed of the Sutra Hall,Zhacang (Buddhist school),the living quarters of lamas,the palace of the Living Buddha, and the living quarters for the monks,grouped aroun the Hall of Enlightenment. The various buildings are connected with each other by corridors and courtyards,and form a harmonious whole.The monasteries of Tibetan Buddhism feature aspects of the architectural styles of inland China,India and Nepal.

Jokhang
Jokhang Temple situated in the center of the old section of Lhasa, and was built in the mid - 7th century A. D. and later extended by successive rulers, it has now become a gigantic architecture complex. Located in the east, facing to the west, it is a four storeyed Temple with splendid golden roofs.
 
Zhangmu
Better known by it's Tibetan name, Khasa. A small settlement clinging to a hillside 10Kms. from the Friendship Bridge across the Bhotekoshi river. Since the closure of the China/India border from Gangtok, Zhangmu has become the major trading point between Tibet and Nepal.
 
Drepung
Situated five Km's distance to the western suburb of Lhasa at the foot of Mt. Ganpoi Uze. Drepung Monastery, was founded in 1416 by Jamyang Choje, a disciple of Tsongkapa, the founder of Gelugpa Sect.
 
Tashilungpo Monastery
It is the biggest Gelugpa monastery in the Tsang region of Tibet. It is located in the town of Sigatse and was founded by Gedun Drup, a disciple of Tsongkapa, the founder of the Gelungpa Sect. Gedun Drup was later recognized as the first Dalai Lama.
 
Shalu
Shalu is located about 18 kilometers southwest of Shigatse. It was built in the 11 th century and was a seat of great learning. After its destruction by an earthquake in the 14 th century, Shalu was rebuilt with the assistance of the Mongols, consequently it featured a green Mongol style tile roof.
 
Samyai Monastery
It is the first monastery ever built in Tibet. It was founded by the Tibetan King Trisiong Detsen and belongs to the Nyingmapa and Sakyapa sects. The construction consists of three styles, namely, the Han, the Tibetan and the Indian.
 
Tsetang Valley
mbu Lagang - the oldest building in Tibet. Yumbu Lagang, situated in Nedong country of Lhoka Prefecture, Yumbu Langang is said to be the first palace in Tibetan history and built in the second century B.C. The palace, facing west, stands lofty on top of the hill.
 
Sakya Monastery
Located in Skaya Country, about 30 kms off the Shigatse-Xegar highway. The monastery stood in two parts on either side of Dongchu River. This monastery is the center of the Sakyapa Sect (White Earth Order). The northern part of the monastery was built in the year 1079 and the southern founded in 1268 by a famous abbot of Sakya named Pagpa who once had ruled the whole of Tibet under the Yuan Dynasty's supervision.
 

Char Dham Yatra